Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL) are organizing Special Track on Fuel Retailing on December 6-7, 2016 concurrent to the PETROTECH 2016 – 12th International Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition.
Over the years, the special track has become one of the most important events in the downstream sector and provided an excellent platform for exchange of opinions on the paradigm shifts taking place in the Indian fuel retailing segment. The past editions have witnessed participation from thought leaders, key policy makers from the Government of India, the industry regulator, technology providers and CEOs from the oil & gas and allied industry.
The forthcoming Special Track built around the theme - “Energizing India over the next decade: Access, Inclusiveness & Sustainability”, will assess key trends which will shape the fuel retail sector landscape and the implications for traditional and emerging business models.
- Enhancing affordable Access to Energy: To discuss the issues and challenges associated with bringing affordable access to this new set of customers (potentially up to 300 million) especially in rural and semi urban areas where cost of serving customers could be high, and new infrastructure would need to be created.
- Gaseous fuels and Allied Infrastructure Development: To explore the future opportunities for extending the penetration of gaseous fuels and how government has brought about major changes in delivery of gaseous fuels to the domestic sector through schemes such as Pahal, Ujjwala and rural LPG.
- Growing Importance of Alternative fuels: To discuss and assess the pace of maturity and development in these technologies, likely competition against fossil fuel based system (liquid and gaseous). PM Vision to Electric Vehicle 2030.
- Energy retail market vision 2030 in India: To assess different scenarios that could emerge in terms of this growth across different energy types (liquid, gaseous and electric), sectoral growth in transportation, domestic and industrial and rural vs urban demand.
- Digital transformation of customer interface in fuel retailing and Consumer of the future: How digital and analytics is transforming the fuel retailing, using features such as location based services, personalised offers and dynamic campaigns. Oil marketing companies are launching mobile apps and customer interface in LPG has been revolutionized by Aadhaar enabled Direct Benefits Transfer.